Thursday, September 25, 2008

Not so happy camper!!




Well the poor little fart has been having some issues lately!! Last week she had some blood in her poop so we took her into the doctor. They thought that she had a virus so they did some stool samples and they came back negative for anything funny. So they were thinking that the dairy products that I was eating were bothering her tummy so no more dairy for me!!! I am dying without my glass of milk for breakfast and avoiding butter is NOT easy. Eating out is a joke but it's a small price to pay!!! Anyway, we went back on Monday and they did an x-ray of her tummy. They thought it looked good and so they still said no dairy. Well today, they called back and said the radiologist thought maybe it looked funny so they wanted to do another. They did another stool sample, more blood, and another xray. Then they wanted to draw blood. I kinda panicked because Kevin does better at that than I do but I was brave and Jorie was brave. They ended up poking her 4 times in 2 hours. Twice in the arms, once in the foot and then in her hand. We were both a little upset by the time we left but Jorie was so good!! Everything came back normal so still no dairy. I'm so glad that's all it is. That is pretty minor and the doctor says she should grow out of it so in a couple of months I can try dairy again and see how she does. What a week!!!! She is 6 weeks old today. I can't believe how the time flies!!!! I just want to freeze it so she can't get any older!!! She is so fun and such a good baby!!! We are so lucky to have her!!!!!!

5 comments:

Kiesha said...

She is sooo dang cute! Sorry to hear she's already had some tough times at the Doc's. If Kevin's not available for her 2 mo's shots, I'll be happy to accompany you. :)

Suz said...

She is such a cuttie! Love the pics of her sleeping in Kev's chair! I am glad she is doing okay. I am sorry you can't eat dairy. That has to be so hard.

WhiteFamily said...

Poor little thing...getting poked is so much worse for the mom than the kid (I think). Glad everything turned out ok...I would have a serious hard time giving up my dairy ~ way to be strong!

Andy & Ashlee said...

We are glad that nothing serious was wrong, but it's no fun for you to have to give up all things dairy. Hopefully she will outgrow her allergy sooner than later! She is just the cutest little thing, sleeping in Kevin's chair. Pinch her cheeks for us, we are looking forward to coming and seeing her when we come home in December!

Brooke said...

I LOVE the pics. She is so stinkin cute. Hopefully you don't think I am a horrible person. we have been busy and if we make it out there on Sundays it is usually not for very long. I really wanna stop by one of these days though. Glad for the updates and that she is okay.