Monday, September 8, 2008

Jorie





Ok, I am finally trying to get caught up. Sorry, I suck!!! So when Jorie was born Kevin was the one who noticed the extra thumb first. He panicked a little but then once he realized everything was ok then he was ok. He was so good while I was in labor. He didn't pass out, I was so proud! And he even cut the cord. After we got over the shock of the thumb the doctors told us that she had an infection and jaundice so they would probably have to put her in the NICU. They did tons of tests and decided that she didn't have an infection after all but that she did have to go home with the lights for the jaundice. She had her very own tanning bed, lucky!!! She did so good. She was so good and never cried. It was so hard not to hold her though. She had to be on the lights all the time, she could only come out to eat. It killed me!! She had to be on them for 3 days. The worst part was taking her in everyday to have her heels poked, well really sliced, so they could test her levels. Kevin had to go in with her because I couldn't take it. I will do really well with the whole surgery thing! After that though everything was good and she is such a good baby. We are so lucky!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

She is so cute! We're glad everything went well. Congratulations!
Melissa and Steve