Wednesday, January 7, 2009

No more cast!!! Only 2 thumbs!!!!







Our before and after. We finally got to take Jorie's cast off today. Kevin came home at lunch and we had to put her in the tub and soak it for a while. The pink layer came off really easy but the layer under that was not easy. It was super sticky rubbery tape and it was stuck right to her skin. We pulled it off very carefully but she was very mad. By the time we got it all the way off her poor little arm was bright red. It looks really good though. There are still stitches in it and there is still some bruising but all in all it looks good. She has cried a lot today so I think it might hurt her to move it. That makes sense since they had to move the muscles and tendons around and she hasn't been able to bend her wrist for 3 weeks now so it can't feel too good. The poor little fart!!!!! She's doing so good though, I can't believe it. I was funny to look at her cast before we took it off. I was really starting to fray where she chewed on it all the time. Yummy!!!

6 comments:

Bryce and Britt said...

What a sweet little girl! I'm so glad everything went well! It looks like it is healing really good. Hope all is well with you guys!

Jen Ten said...

Yeah, I'm so glad all went well and she is doing so good!! You guys make me laugh....

Heather said...

WOW it looks so good!!!! she is so dang CUTE!!!!

WhiteFamily said...

We are glad to hear she is doing so good. Her hand looks good...it's amazing what they can do these days. Looks like you guys had a great christmas - I'll have to look into getting a cabbage patch doll named Autumn...how fun is that!

Howells Fam said...

How exciting to get her cast off! I'm glad everything is going well. She looks adorable out there plowing with Kevin!

McKenna's page said...

It looks great. Poor thing I bet it is pretty sore right now. Looks like you had a great Christmas.The first one is so much fun.